In daily dental practice, ultraviolet germicidal radiation is used to assure maximum safety of reusable dental instruments and as an additional step in the infection control process following sterilization. In a dental practice, using a dental UV Cabinet gives patients assurance, knowing the extra precautions have been taken to safeguard their health and reduce the possibility of cross-contamination.
UV Chamber works by the process of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation. It is a disinfection method that uses UV-C, the shortest wavelength having 254nm. UVC light produces electromagnetic energy that can kill microorganisms e.g. bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc. by photochemical reaction. This mechanism keeps the instruments sterilized for a longer duration.
Benefits of UV Chamber:
- Easy disinfection of the sterilized dental instruments
- Long term maintenance of sterility of the reusable dental instruments
- Safe to use
- Easy to install and easy to use.
- The reliable method with 100% decontamination
- Assurance of safe dental treatment